Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Birth Order article


How accurate is Lucile K Forer's description of your birth order? 


      In the article called " How your Birth order influences your life adjustment" written by Lucille K. Forer the author explains how birth order play a big role in our life. In the article she pointed out that parents are more exited about their first child than the others and because of that they tend to expect more from their older child than from their middle or youngest child. I totally agree with what she wrote in this article because I'm on the oldest child group and as i was growing up i noticed how my parents were more harder on me and my oldest sister who is just 2 years older then me than  what they were with the youngest one.
    She also wrote that oldest child tend to have a feeling of being parental with their youngest brother or sister which is totally true because in my case as an oldest child I feel like i need to protect my youngest sister from everything and try to teach them what i know about life so they dont do the same mistakes that i have done. Forer also wrote that oldest child are way more responsible than the others which i also agree with because in my case like i said i also have and oldest sister which i look up to as a rode model and i think she is even more responsible than i am because as we were growing up she was the one who needed to have the power of the house and make important decions whenever my mom was not there with us.
   The only part that i did not agree with Forer is that in the article she wrote that oldest child tend to think that they are more capable than the youngest which i think is a false statement because in my case i do not think that my youngest sisters are less capable than me on doing whatever they want to do. I believe that each one of my sister is better at doing something than the other but we're all capable.
   In conclusion i think that forer was 90% accurate in her article about my birth order and i really enjoyed reading her article because i didn't just mirror myself while reading this but i also mirrored each one of my sisters which was really fun because they all fitted in their categories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment